Tuesday, May 26, 2009

30 is the new black




May 26th is a very important day. Thirty years ago a today my best friend was born. The impact that he's made on me alone is worth writing about, but if you know him, he's no doubt touched your life and heart as well. He has an ability to see the best in people, even when those qualities are very difficult to find - he doesn't give up - and he loves with every ounce of his being.

Drew, you inspire me to love, to grow, to not accept failure. You have helped me become a better person. You extend yourself to everyone that you come into contact with, regardless of any of the things that would keep "normal" people from involving themselves. You have touched more people with your kind presence and since of brotherhood than one can count. Who you are is a rare treasure indeed and I love you so very deeply! I thank God for you everyday and I can't wait to see what the next 30 years of your life brings!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!